Now scheduling in-person and phone appointments at our New Orleans and Baton Rouge locations.

Dedicated Immigration Representation for Over 20 Years

Marriage Visa Attorney in New Orleans

Bring Your Spouse to the U.S.

If you are a U.S. citizen who is engaged or married to a foreign national, there are a couple of ways you can lawfully bring your spouse to live with you in the United States. Wheatley Immigration Law, LLC can help you explore your immigration options and apply for the right visa.

Our New Orleans & Baton Rouge marriage visa attorney has dedicated her legal career to helping those in need and providing family-based immigration services. She strives to keep families together and provide the support that her clients need to flourish with their loved ones in the U.S.

We invite you to contact us online or call (504) 784-6803 to request assistance with a marriage visa application. We handle cases nationwide.

Visas for Spouses

If you are married to a foreign national and you are a U.S. citizen, you can bring your spouse into the country by applying for an immigrant visa – an IR1 or CR1. As a U.S. citizen, you must sponsor your spouse’s petition and intend to live in the U.S. for the foreseeable future.

The process of obtaining a marriage visa can be long and complex – the unique circumstances in your case will impact the overall length of the process, so it is difficult to say exactly how long it will take. Our New Orleans marriage visa attorney can help you understand each step of the process and can prepare you for the visa interview and any other matters that may be required. She can help build a strong, evidence-backed case proving the genuineness of your marriage and your intentions for moving your spouse to the U.S.

Fiancé(e) Visa

If you are engaged and not yet married to a foreign national, you can bring your partner to the U.S. to get married by seeking a nonimmigrant K-1 visa. You will need to complete an I-129F petition. If approved, you and your fiancé(e) should intend to get married within 90 days of the foreign national’s arrival in the U.S. Once married, your partner can apply for adjustment of status to an LPR.

Understanding and Dealing with the Intricacies of Immigration Law

The journey to immigrating to the United States can be intricate and daunting, primarily when dealing with legal mandates and documentation. At Wheatley Immigration Law, LLC, our proficient Raleigh marriage visa lawyers are dedicated to assisting individuals and families through the intricacies of immigration law and its processes. Whether your quest is for a marriage visa, fiancé(e) visa, or help with other immigration-related issues, our team stands ready to offer the necessary advice and support that you require.

When you choose Wheatley Immigration Law, LLC, you can expect:

  • Personalized attention and support throughout the entire immigration process
  • Expertise in handling a wide range of immigration law matters
  • Clear and concise communication to keep you informed every step of the way
  • Compassionate and dedicated legal representation

Don't tackle the intricacies of immigration law by yourself. Reach out to Wheatley Immigration Law, LLC to set up an appointment and embark on the journey towards fulfilling your immigration dreams.

Do you have questions about marriage visas? Call Wheatley Immigration Law, LLC at (504) 784-6803 to request a consultation with Attorney Dayna Wheatley.

Commonly Asked Questions

What are the eligibility requirements for a marriage visa?

To be eligible for a marriage visa, you must be a U.S. citizen and either be married to a foreign national or be engaged to a foreign national. There are specific requirements and documentation needed to prove the validity of the relationship as well.

What is the difference between an IR1 and CR1 visa?

The IR1 visa is meant for marital partners of U.S. citizens who've been married for over two years, whereas the CR1 visa is for spouses of U.S. citizens with less than two years of marriage. The CR1 offers a provisional marriage green card that remains valid for 2 years, while the IR1 provides a permanent marriage green card with a validity period of 10 years.

What happens if my marriage visa application is denied?

Should your application for a marriage visa be rejected, you might be able to challenge the decision or submit a new application with supplementary documentation. It is of utmost importance to seek experienced legal guidance from Wheatley Immigration Law, LLC to understand the reasons behind the rejection and explore other possible courses of action.

Helpful Resources

Awards & Associations

  • American Immigration Lawyers Assoc
  • FBA
  • Avvo Reviews

Our Clients Trust Us and Know We Care About Them

"She is easy to reach, communicates well and is very thorough."

- Doug D.